Family Favourites Fan Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greek Pasta Dough by George / Masterchef.

Go down

Greek Pasta Dough  by George / Masterchef. Empty Greek Pasta Dough by George / Masterchef.

Post  LittleMissJen Thu May 26, 2011 6:51 am

Although I don't follow the series too closely, I do watch Master Class on Friday nights, purely to learn proper technique and of course to gain a few recipe idea's.

After attempting to make my own pasta many, many times. It came to my attention that i was making it incorrectly. Who's ever heard of ' laminating ' before. Up until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't.
So the boys from Masterchef demonstrated the correct technique of making pasta and also provided a Greek recipe base for a very tasty, and delicate pasta.

500gms of 00 flour
a good pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3/4 cup of milk

1) put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until it starts to bind.
2) need dough on a lightly floured surface until the dough pulls together - and obtains that smooth, elastic texture. ( when needing the dough, there is a point which you ' feel ' that all the ingredients have activated together. )
3) wrap ball of dough in clig wrap and allow to rest for approx 1/2 hr.
4) cut dough into 1/4's
5) tease each 1/4 into a rectangular shape and begin to laminate through the pasta machine. The trick to this, is to keep the pasta dough lightly floured between each lamination and continue to fold it in to that same rectangle shape - laminate approximately 10 times.
6) start reducing the calibration size and continue feeding the pasta through until you reach one of the smallest sizes. ( It may be wise to get someone to help you, as the pasta starts to lengthen and take shape. Seth my 3 yr old son helps me with this, by turning the lever while i feed the pasta through.)
7) Cut pasta into either spaghetti or fettucini, allow to dry for a few seconds before adding to boiling, salty, water.

* pasta will only take a few minutes to cook.
* also keep cut pasta in a clean, moist tea towel while processing remaining pasta.

Happy Cooking,

Jen flower
LittleMissJen
LittleMissJen
Admin

https://familyfavourites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down