Family Favourites Fan Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes ( recipe by Kate Murdoch / Herald Sun )

Go down

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes    ( recipe by Kate Murdoch / Herald Sun ) Empty Cinnamon Banana Pancakes ( recipe by Kate Murdoch / Herald Sun )

Post  LittleMissJen Thu May 26, 2011 6:12 am

My wonderful husband Russ, made these pancakes for me on my very first Mother's Day. He did such a fantastic job and they were so yummy, that it has now become an established tradition, that Russ cooks these for me and the family EVERY Mother's Day.
I must also say, that for a gentleman that does not venture into the kitchen often. He makes the BEST pancakes EVER!!!

1 cup self - raising flour
1 teasppon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon bi - carb soda
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
50g unsalted butter, melted
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
2 large bananas, sliced, to serve
mayple syrup or warm honey to serve.

1) preheat oven to 150c. Sift the flour, cinnamon, bi-carb, and sugar into a large bowl and mix lightly with a large metal spoon.
2) In a seperate bowl whisk together the egg, melted butter and butter milk.
3) pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
4) heat a large non-stick frying pan over med - low heat and spray with oil spray. Working in batches, add 1/4 cup scoops of hte pancake mixture to the pan and spread out to rounds approximately 12cm in diameter. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Place the cooked pancakes in the oven covered with foil while you cook the remaining mixture.
5) to serve, place a couple of pancakes on each plate and top with banana and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. you can also serve with low - fat ricotta.

enjoy,

LittleMissJen flower
LittleMissJen
LittleMissJen
Admin

https://familyfavourites.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down