Family Favourites Fan Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been cutting beetroot. Now What????????

2 posters

Go down

I've been cutting beetroot. Now What???????? Empty I've been cutting beetroot. Now What????????

Post  mumjej31 Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:10 am

I came upon this solution by accident. I was chopping raw beetroot to make a beetroot soup (delicious by the way) and I'll add the recipe to the vegetarian section) and of course I had beetroot stains all over my hands, and my chopping board. Well I then began chopping the potatoes to go into the soup, and noticed that as I handled the cut potatoes, the stains on my hands were disappearing, and so were the stains on the chopping board.

So to remove beetroot stains from your hands and other surfaces, cut one potato, and rub over your hands, and chopping board, then rinse in warm water.

Please note that this solution may work on carpets, but I wouldn't recommend it, as the starches in potato turn black when exposed to the air for a while. So unless you're able to rinse the stain thoroughly afterwards, I wouldn't do it. But if you try it and it works, please let us know.

mumjej31

Back to top Go down

I've been cutting beetroot. Now What???????? Empty Re: I've been cutting beetroot. Now What????????

Post  woolamaichick Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks for the tip. We brought purple carrots from the supermarket the other day & had that exact problem. Hopefully it works with them too.
woolamaichick
woolamaichick

Back to top Go down

I've been cutting beetroot. Now What???????? Empty Re: I've been cutting beetroot. Now What????????

Post  sammyantha Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 am

i love beetroot soup, it's a traditional polish meal and they have it on christmas eve with 7 traditional polish dishes including one of my favourites pierogi (polish dumplings) which you can add them in the beetroot soup.

I will add the pierogi recipe Very Happy
sammyantha
sammyantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum